About the website
Open Culture welcomes anyone with Merseyside arts & culture news, events and activities to post content directly to our website for the public to read and share.
This website aims to give members of the public and the arts community in Merseyside a place to find and share events, news and opportunities. Things like exhibitions, performances, workshops, activity days, talks, and participatory projects will be published, provided all key information is provided. Incomplete articles which are vague won’t be published.
For more information on how to add your own articles see Help
About the organisation
Open Culture is a Community Interest Company with the purpose to increase the profile of and engagement with arts and culture on Merseyside.
Open Culture is led by Charlotte Corrie and Christina Grogan. We have been active since late 2007, and prior to becoming an independent community interest company we were part of the Liverpool Culture Company for Liverpool European Capital of Culture 2008.
Culture is for everyone and the arts provide the means to express ourselves and connect with others in ways that other forms of communication can’t achieve. We believe arts and culture should lie at the heart of all Social Policy, as they improve quality of life and wellbeing for individuals and communities in terms of Regeneration, Health, Education and Crime Reduction – this has been proved time and again.
Open Culture aims to nurture and support the arts across Merseyside via a variety of projects. Our Values, Aims and Services are as follows:
- Culture is for everyone
- Strength in collaboration and partnerships
- Audience development & participation
- Growth in the cultural economy
- Arts as a positive tool in health and wellbeing
- Ecological principles: Reduce, Reuse & Recycle
- Inspire people to create culture
- Develop audience knowledge of and access to cultural events and activities
- Develop new audiences and increase engagement in arts and culture
- Help cultural organisations and individuals to showcase and promote themselves
- Facilitate partnerships and collaborations to maximise the cultural offer on Merseyside
- The Open Culture website provides a free online space for Liverpool’s cultural community to share and promote their cultural activity whether it’s artworks, prose, promoting events – anything. The website also provides up to date news and opportunities from around Merseyside in its Things to See & Things to Do listings; plus the Signposting, Funding and Noticeboard sections can help creatives with their own projects and activities.
- Open Culture offers advice, signposting and introductions for anyone wishing to become more involved in the arts; whether they are interested in attending an event, participation, organising an event, cultural collaborations etc. This service will aim to advise and facilitate partnerships where possible to bring a project or event to fruition for the public to benefit.
Open Culture provides a range of professional arts management services, these include:
- Project development, consultancy and evaluation
- Project and event management
- Partnership development & fundraising
- Mentoring across a range of arts practices
- Press and copywriting
- Online and print marketing services
Partners and Clients include:
Department for Culture Media and Sport (DCMS)
LARC (Liverpool Art Regeneration Consortium)
Liverpool Arena and Convention Centre
St George’s Hall
The Reader Organisation
National Museums Liverpool
West Everton Community Council (WECC)
Wild in Art
Trinity Mirror Merseyside
And many more
For more information about Open Culture please get in touch through our contact page.