RAPID RESPONSE - ARTIST RESIDENCIES 2018 CALL OUT
Culture Liverpool seeks up to 20 Liverpool City region’s arts, cultural organisations & community groups to:
- take part in the Rapid Response project
- propose partnerships with exciting artists
- deliver the aims of the RRU programme.
Culture Liverpool invites expressions of interest from Liverpool City Regions’ arts and cultural organisations (including community groups) to be part of Rapid Response - an innovative, year-long collaborative digital arts project, enabling arts and culture organisations to respond to news and global events. Internationally important, RR provides an arts platform at the heart of the news.
We will commission up to 20 collaborations for Arts & Cultural organisations hosting a 2 week Artist Residency in 2018 with their proposed artist/s, culminating in new online, filmed and digital artistic content.
Co-ordinated through an independent news Bureau based in Liverpool City Centre, the artistic work will be broadcast and distributed online nationally and internationally. Opportunities will also occur for some of the work to be performed or exhibited in Liverpool venues.
A fee of £10,000 is available for each commission (breakdown: artist/s fee – £5k; production budget, expenses and VAT – £5k).
There are 3 deadlines for submissions through 2018.
There are three call outs for proposals:
- Round One projects cover period end February – June 2018
- Submission deadline 03 November 2017.
A second call out for proposals will be launched in January 2018:
- Round Two projects cover period July – September 2018
- Submission deadline 9 February 2018
A third call out for proposals will be launched in April 2018
- Round Three projects cover period October – December 2018
- Submission deadline 12 May 2018