The Atkinson, Sefton Council, Lord Street, Southport, Merseyside, deadline 28 May
Fixed term to 31st March 2018
A full-time, part-time or job-share secondment to The Atkinson
Grade F SCP 22-26 £20,661 to £23,398 per annum
Introducing: Following an extensive refurbishment, the Atkinson provides a vibrant day-time and evening cultural offer with theatres, art galleries, a museum, retail spaces, bars, café, and Sefton’s busiest library. For the last three-years their ambitious life-long learning programme has made a difference to the lives of children, young people, families and older people across the borough. It has helped develop The Atkinson as a beacon of good practice in access and engagement.
Job requirements: This fixed term contract is a fantastic opportunity to expand the experience and skills you have developed in the context of learning and development and apply them to the work as a centre of excellence in creative learning.
You will be passionate about the arts and learning. You will be part of a team that is completing and evaluating the final phase of a Heritage Lottery funded Museum Activity Plan – developing and delivering resources for community engagement as well as activity programmes for children, families and communities.
You have a range of relevant experience of developing creative engagement, through working with schools, families, children and young people, or community engagement. You will be comfortable working to tight deadlines, delivering high quality programmes and resources with specific outcomes, and contributing to a highly motivated team.
You will be a strong sense of the role arts and culture can play in learning, skills, resilience and wellbeing agendas. You will have an excellent level of skills in the following areas:
· Communication, interpersonal, relationship building and networking skills
· Project management and organisation with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines; including managing project budgets
· Setting and measuring project outcomes for evaluation
· Negotiation and working with a wide range of people
· Writing clearly, accurately and engagingly to produce reports, evaluation as well as resources and communications with partners
- Ability to recognise opportunities and respond in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Ability to work on own initiative, with strong organisation skills.
They will consider applications from suitably skilled and experienced people, who wish to work on a secondment, part-time or job-share basis.
For further details and to apply online go to https://sefton-gov.becruiter.
Closing Date: 28/05/2017
Interviews will take place on: 1st June 2017