Altru Creative Education, Seddon Road, Liverpool, L19, deadline 24 April
Altru Creative Education are now casting for a theatre in education piece focusing on drugs and alcohol awareness for year 6.
The tour will be mainly in the North West with at least one date in Birmingham – possibly more. They are looking for one male and two female actors based in Merseyside.
Eyes Open is a hard-hitting, engaging piece for Year 6 pupils, which has been touring primary schools for the last 10 years. The piece is now an integral part of many schools’ PSHE curricula at Year 6 as it explores the choices and consequences connected with both legal and illegal drugs.
They are casting for:
Female Actor 1, to play:
Ellie (11) The play’s narrator – genuine, earnest and kind. Must believably look teenage.
Female Actor 2, to play:
Abby Ellie’s 16 year old sister. Fun and likes to go clubbing. Doesn’t get on with her twin brother Josh.
Jan Mum of the family. Hard working, flustered, finds life tough.
Daisy Ellie’s best friend – popular and pushy.
Male Actor, to play:
Roger Ellie’s Dad – silly and lots of fun.
Josh (16) Ellie’s brother. Moody and difficult.
Nick (18) Only in 1 scene – Nick is Abby’s boyfriend.
The successful candidates will be able to multi-role and have a passion for theatre for young people. Enthusiasm and the ability to lead effective workshops with children are also qualities we are looking for.
The duration of the show is 50 minutes and it will be performed in primary schools during school time. Performances will be followed by an hour long workshop and we are keen to hear from those who have experience of workshop facilitation.
It is essential that we have at least two drivers on the team, therefore preference will be given to those with a full, clean driving licence, especially those who have experience driving a transit van.
They are also looking for the following qualities:
- Ability to play a range of ages (but must be able to play a young person believably)
- Workshop experience highly desirable
- Available for (sometimes very) early starts until possibly 5 pm with possible overnight stays
- Available to audition on 4th May 2017
- A driving license is hugely desirable but not essential: if you are a driver you must be eligible for van rental, be over 25 and have held your license for a minimum of 3 years with no more than 6 points on your license.
- Willingness to undergo an enhanced disclosure DBS or hold a DBS issued within the last 18 months (we can arrange this for you at your expense.)
- Must be North West based or be willing to find somewhere to stay in this area.
Closing date for applications: Monday 24th April, 5pm
Audition: 4th May 2017
Rehearsal: Early June 2017
Tour: 14th June – (possibly) mid-July 2017
Fee is £375 per week
To apply please email email@example.com with your CV, cover letter and recent head shot. Please include in your application:
- where you are based
- if you have a driving licence (how long for / experience of driving etc)
- issue date of your current DBS check.
Please note that they will only respond to candidates who we would like to ask to audition.
If they would like to see you for audition you will be notified by Thursday 27th April 2017.