*Update – see the end of this article for FREE Photography workshops*
Your photo can fit either category of People or Place, so whether it’s of your local park, your family, your local shop keeper or the street you live on – reveal the beauty of North Liverpool in all its forms and from any angle…!
- Grand prize £500, ‘People’ Category Winner £250, ‘Place’ Category Winner £250
- All 3 prize winners and a selection of runner-ups will have their photographs exhibited in a prestigious Liverpool Gallery in Autumn 2011
How to Take Part
Entrants can submit their entries via Flickr
Simply follow these steps:
1. Visit www.Flickr.com and sign up for a free account or log in to your account if you already have one
2. Upload photos to your account; add the title, details about where it was taken and when it was taken
3. Then visit the ‘Show Your Beautiful Face Photography Competition’ Flickr Group and Join
4. Click ‘Add photos’
5. Select up to 2 images you want to submit to the competition, and click the ‘Add to Group’ button
6. You’re done! Your photographs have been submitted to the competition
Photographs must be a minimum 3MB in size.
Entries are limited to two photographs per person.
Entry deadline 5pm on 31st July 2011
See the entries so far:
Full details, Terms and Conditions can be found at ‘Show Your Beautiful Face Photography Competition’ Flickr Group or please contact Open Culture at email@example.com
** FREE PHOTO WORKSHOPS as part of the Show Your Beautiful Face Photo Competition**
Wednesday 13th July
at the Rotunda, 109 Great Mersey St, Kirkdale
There are 3 workshops with 15 places per session – either 9am-11am or 12noon-2pm or 3pm-5pm
Workshops are 2 hours long, led by photographer Paula Parker
Participants do not have to be skilled in photography, just keen to learn
The workshop is broken down into easy to manage sections, that includes uploading your photos onto Flickr the photo sharing website.
Digital cameras will be provided (one between 2), but if you own a digital camera please feel free to bring it along
Access to a computer will be provided
Places are limited, to book a place please call the Rotunda on 0151 207 2176